Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Turnover in Division I Basketball Hits Record Low

USA Today reported that the number of division I institutes that will start the 2009-2010 college basketball season with a new head coach has tied an all time low. Next year if there is no more turnover there will be 24 new head coaches in division I. This ties the fewest turnover since 1966 when there was also 24 new head coaches. The problem with this is in 1966 there was only 182 division I basketball programs and going into the upcoming season there will be 330. One of the big reasons for the minimal turnover is in the last two years there have been 124 new coaches hired in these combined two years.

I can tell you in my small amount of time in coaching that the wait is definitely worth it. If you are someone that is looking to get into college coaching this might not be the best year. I would stay the course and keep pursuing your dream because it is a special game and there is no career more rewarding. Continue your climb on the ladder of success and don't let anything or anyone get in the way of your dream. It is always important to remember that if you, "love what you do, you will never work a day in your life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment