Friday, April 3, 2009

No Love Stronger

This weekend in Detroit at the 2009 NCAA Final Four there will be many players with amazing journeys on how they ended up making it to the Mecca of college basketball. None of the stories could be as amazing as the story of Michigan State’s big man Goran Suton. What makes this story so special is the sacrifices that Goran’s mother (Zivana Suton) had to endure to make a better life for her kids. An article on ESPN, Zivana shows that there is no love stronger then a mother’s love.

As young people I don’t think we fully realize all the sacrifices and hardships that our parents endure to improve the lives of their children. The one most gratifying thing to see as a parent is the success of their kids. This Saturday there will be many proud eyes looking on in Detroit for many reason not known by the viewers on television. What will make the accomplishment so special is the hardships and journey that some of these families had to endure to get to the top. I am a strong believer that individual’s that have a hard road to the top have more of an appreciation when they get there. This post is for all the parents that sacrifice for the benefit of their kids …Thank You!

"I didn't have a choice,' she said.”The only thing I thought about was protecting my kids and somehow giving them a better life. It's a mother's instinct to protect her kids. That's what I did. One day, you lose everything you have, your normal life, but the only thing you know is you have to make them feel safe." (Zivana Suton)

"The reason I'm here is because of my parents," Goran said. "They sacrificed the last 15 years of their lives to make my life better. Everything they did was for me and my brother. Everything they did was right." (Goran Suton)

"What happened earlier in my life changed me as a person," Suton said. "It made me appreciate everything so much more, especially in a country like this." (Goran Suton)

No comments:

Post a Comment