Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Using Your Resources


In preparation for the South Region’s number one seed and Big East Powerhouse UConn Huskies, Head Coach Tom Izzo will seek the advice of other Big Ten coaches. The Big Ten Conference is 0-3 this year against the Huskies with Wisconsin, Michigan, and Purdue all falling short in their attempts to defeat the Huskies. This is what Coach Izzo had to say in acquiring information from fellow Bit Ten Coaches in an article in the Detroit Free Press:

"So, hopefully, I'll be able to get a little help from our Big Ten counterparts that have played them. And I think I will. I'll do that after I get at least a little feel for them myself, so I know what they're talking about when I talk to them."

When looking at the amazing accomplishments that Coach Izzo has achieved in his career it is nice to see that he is humble enough to ask for help. Many times coaches at the high level are too proud to ask other coaches for help. I truly think this is ridiculous and a gigantic mistake because we are all students of the game no matter what point you are at in your career, there is always something you can learn. It is also very important to remember that all coaches have a different perspective on things, and what they see might be a big help to your team. Is vital that through the course of your coaching career to always stay humble and never be too proud to ask for help, use all your resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment