Monday, March 30, 2009

The Beginning


I would like to first welcome you all to my blog, “The Never Ending Road to Success.” I have put this blog together to hopefully help other young coaches as they venture into the very challenging field of coaching. I realize that many people look at the career of coaching and frown upon it because the lack of job security, pressures, and unknowingness from year-to-year. I am here to tell you that all of these qualities are what makes it such a special occupation. It is a career that I truly feel the number of rewards always out-number the risks. I am a strong believer that if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. I can truly say that I have not worked a day since I started pacing the sidelines as a basketball coach.


Since you are not on my blog to hear about me I will try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I got into coaching because there have been many people that have come into my life that have had great influence on me and I feel coaching is a way to give back to others. The many lives that you are able to touch in coaching will lead you in the direction of great fulfillment in your life goals.

Through my blog page I hope to share great articles that will help in the coaching process. I want this to be a page that you look at first thing in the morning that will help you get through your stressful day. I got the inspiration to put this page together once I saw Eric Musselman’s blog page. Coach Musselman’s blog page was an amazing teaching tool for our athletes and coaches and I hope my blog can be half as good as his. I also consider myself extremely lucky because I have the opportunity to work under one of the brightest young basketball minds, Coach David Ivey Assistant Men's Basketball coach at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Coach Ivey's love for the game and great knowledge of the "Princeton Style Offense" has given me a whole new perspective on the game. He also has a great blog page which is the official blog of the UAH Charger’s. I wanted to thank both of them for the time and effort they have put into helping other coaches and there devotion to the game of basketball. Enjoy the blog and remember as coaches to always dream big and dream often because you never know what will happen in this game called LIFE!!

1 comment:

  1. I watched you this whole year at UAH. You really look like you know what you are doing. Can you give me some advice on how you make coaching look so easy and how you look so good doing it?

    ReplyDelete